Most Popular

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

TOP QUESTION & ANSWERS FOR SBI CLERKS INTERVIEW

Question 1: Tell me about yourself ?
Answer: Identify some of your main attributes and memories them. Describe your qualifications, career history and range of skills, emphasizing those skills relevant to the job on offer.

Question 2: Why should I hire you?
Answer: The easy answer is that you are the best person for the job. And don’t be afraid to say so. But then back it up with what specifically differentiates you.
For example: “You should hire me because I’m the best person for the job. I realize that there are likely other candidates who also have the ability to do this job. Yet I bring an additional quality that makes me the best person for the job--my passion for excellence. I am passionately committed to producing truly world class results. For example . . .”
Are you the best person for the job? Show it by your passionate examples.

Question 3: Why should we give you this job?

Answers: This is the time to give them your USP - Unique Selling Proposition - or what makes you different from all the other applicants.It's really worth working out and practicing your answer to this before the interview.Some businesses use the phrase "30 second elevator speech".Imagine you have just bumped into the CEO of the company you want to work for, getting into a lift. He or she asks you "Why should we give you the job?". You have the time it takes for the lift to reach its destination (about 30 seconds) to give a compelling answer.The key is to highlight your strengths and the benefits you can bring to the company. Make sure you avoid sounding desperate!As preparation, you should refer back to the job advert and also listen carefully during the interview, to make sure your answer meets the needs of the "buyer" (the interviewer).

Question 4: What Salary Are You Seeking?
Answer: It is to your advantage if the employer tells you the range first. Prepare by knowing the going rate in your area, and your bottom line or walk-away point. One possible answer would be: "I am sure when the time comes, we can agree on a reasonable amount. In what range do you typically pay someone with my background?"

Question 5: Make sure your responses match your claims?
Answer: If, for example, you've taken extra coursework to qualify for a particular position, license, or certification, tie it into your narrative, e.g., "When I took my coursework for my CPA, I learned that ..." Build on your resume, but don't refer directly to it (assuming the interviewer has it in his or her possession); make sure the connections are there, but do it subtly.

Question 6: What Are Your Weaknesses?
Answer: This is the most dreaded question of all. Handle it by minimizing your weakness and emphasizing your strengths. Stay away from personal qualities and concentrate on professional traits: "I am always working on improving my communication skills to be a more effective presenter. I recently joined Toastmasters, which I find very helpful."

Question 7: Why do you want to leave your current employer?
Answer: State how you are looking for a new challenge, more responsibility, experience and a change of environment. Do not be negative in your reasons for leaving. It is rarely appropriate to cite salary as your primary motivator.

Question 8: Why Did You Leave (Or Why Are You Leaving) you’re Job?
Answer: If you're unemployed, state your reason for leaving in a positive context: "I managed to survive two rounds of corporate downsizing, but the third round was a 20 percent reduction in the workforce, which included me."
If you are employed, focus on what you want in your next job: "After two years, I made the decision to look for a company that is team-focused, where I can add my experience."

Question 9: What Have You Been Doing Since Your Last Job?How to Explain an Employment Gap
Answer: If you have an employment gap on your resume, the interviewer will probably ask you what you have been doing while you were out of work.The best way to answer this question is to be honest, but do have an answer prepared. You will want to let the interviewer know that you were busy and active, regardless of whether you were out of work by choice, or otherwise. Here are some suggestions on how to explain what you did while you were out of the workforce.
I worked on several freelance projects, while actively job seeking. I volunteered for a literacy program that assists disadvantaged children. My aging parents needed a temporary caregiver and I spent time looking after them. I spent time being a stay-at-home mom and volunteering at my daughter's school. I took some continuing education classes and seminars. As I said, it doesn't really matter what you did, as long as you have an explanation. Hiring managers understand that people lose their job - it can happen to anyone - and it's not always easy to find a new job fast. Also, there are legitimate non-employment reasons for being out of the workforce.

No comments: